From Saturday October 14 till Friday October 20, do not miss your chance to be part of this amazing dirt bike vacation. Your moto week starts in Las Vegas with the 2017 edition of the Monster Energy Cup, where you will be a VIP guest for the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM team. This provides you access to the track walk, VIP seating, access to the team riders etc. Sunday afternoon we gather with our special guest Kris Keefer, and we start making our way to Utah with 3 prime destinations.
To make reservations or if you have additional questions about this week or any of our programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday - Monster Energy Cup
You will be in the capable hands of Jason Thomas and the VIP program hosted by the Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM team, experiencing the Monster Energy Cup from behind the scenes. Transportation from your hotel to the race and back is taking care from.
Sunday - Las Vegas
We’ll get together for breakfast and everybody gets to hang out and relax. From experience I have learned not to overload the group with activities, it will be a very active week for everyone. However, If anyone in the group wants to add in an extra excursion, I am more than happy to organise this. Some possible ideas for the day include, visiting the Grand Canyon, an extra motorcycle ride around Vegas, riding Mesquite, or shopping the Las Vegas outlets.
In the late afternoon, the group gathers with our guest Kris Keefer, and we drive to St. George (two hour drive) where we will stay for one night.
Monday - Angels Landing
Early morning, because we want to make it to Zion National park to catch one of the first shuttle busses. We will hike one of the most impressive hikes in the country called Angels Landing. Not one person will remain unimpressed after this four hour hike. Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Yes, the above picture is part of the hike, not just a view from the hike. After our well deserved lunch, we start making our way to Moab (four hour drive) where we’ll spend the next two days on two wheels.
Tuesday - Hell's Revenge
We start the day with an iconic off road ride called “Hell’s Revenge”. The name makes it sound harder than it actually is, the difficulty lays mostly in steep wall climbs on this unique type of terrain. The trail will cross the world famous Slickrock trail multiple times and is a unique place to ride dirt bikes, the slick rock offers an amazing amount of grip and we’ll come across some fantastic views!
After we load up our bikes, everyone is welcome on a short relaxing hike in the late afternoon. Only two miles round trip, the hike brings you to a cool oasis where you can enjoy the refreshing mountain water or do some cliff jumping for the daredevil.
Wednesday - The whole enchilada
This mountain bike ride is well-known as one of the most unique rides in the US and has been chosen by multiple mountain bike magazines as the best ride in the world. This will be one of the most fun things you’ll ever do on two wheels. We will pick up our mountain bikes at the Chile Pepper Bike shop and take the iconic Coyote Shuttle up the mountain. Yes, we are being dropped off at the top (almost) of the mountain for this 35 mile and five hour long mountain bike ride, of which 33 miles will be downhill. We will pass six different types of soil and vegetation on our ride going from the green Alpine meadows of the LaSalle mountains to the typical Moab red rock by the Colorado river. For every outdoor enthusiast, for every biker, this should be a notch on your bucket list.
Thursday - Salt Lake and Park City Mountain biking
There are too many options to choose from when you want to ride mountain bikes or dirt bikes in Salt Lake City. You could easily fill 2 weeks of riding in the Salt Lake valley, without ever riding the same trail. The guests will partake in two different types of rides. We will take a more mellow ride in the morning with some really cool down hill features to get warmed up. After lunch, a shuttle will take us to the top again for an excellent Salt Lake / Park City trail called “Crest”. We will finish the ride in Park City, where we stick around downtown and have dinner at “High West”, our local Whiskey distillery.
Friday - Wasatch mountains off road ride
As a final threat, the group is taken on our signature dirt bike ride to the top of the Wasatch Mountains. These canyons in National Forest contain a network of off-road single track trails designed for dirt bikes, that will put a smile on every rider’s face. Depending of the technicality of the group we can make it as easy or challenging as the group can handle.
Price for this week is 2250 USD, and includes:
- Accommodation during the whole trip starting in Las Vegas Oct 13th till Friday October 20 in Salt Lake City
- Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM VIP tickets to the Monster Energy Cup, transport from your hotel room to the race and back
- All activities
- Motorcycles, rental mountain bikes, gas, entries, permits, maintenance, etc.
- Breakfast, refreshments and snacks during all activities
- Dinner at Hight West distillery in Park City and a home cooked dinner upon arrival in Salt Lake City
- Transport to all locations
- Full time guide the whole trip
- Guidance for all additional activities you might want to organise
Please also take note of the following:
- All activities can be adjusted to what the group wants to do / can do. That is the base of what I do - make sure guests of all ability, endurance and physical fitness levels have a great time
- If you can ride a motorcycle, you can ride everything you will encounter during this vacation.
- Our mountain bike rides can be challenging, and The Whole Enchilada will definitely have a couple of passages that can become "hike a bike" sections for less experienced riders. However, it is a trail designed for all ages and levels, and there are plenty of shortcuts if needed. It is my goal to have every guest enjoy a true Moab experience and guide them over trails they will enjoy.
- The planned activities may be changed due to the weather. October weather can be unpredictable, but there are plenty of alternatives if the 12,000 ft hight trails are not rideable or the weather is too cold.
- Every guest needs to provide proof of insurance.